Final Project: (Objectives 1 – 8) (30% of final grade)
Select one of the following two Projects:
- General requirements:
- Minimum of 7 full pages, double spaced pages (12 font) of narrative text, not including the cover, graphics or reference list.
- Reference list citing sources, using APA citation format. A minimum of 2 sources should be obtained from the UMUC library resources. In addition to the textbook, additional creditable, citable sources should support your assessments and/or comments. Also should have intext citations. All points should be talked about.
- Review of the decree:
Background of the operational/administrative conditions which led to the decree
Findings of the Department of Justice
- Comment on the pre-existing policies/procedures of the jurisdiction which you believe facilitated or allowed the focus issue of the decree to occur.
- Comment on the propensity for these policies/procedures to exist in other jurisdictions.
- Identify the “injured “parties whose rights, persons or property suffered from the policies/procedures of the jurisdiction.
- Identify the changes that will be required in order for the jurisdiction to comply with the decree.
- Identify the (potential) success of the jurisdiction to meet the requirements in the long and short term.
- Identify the steps/changes required of the jurisdiction’s administration to ensure future decrees in a different focus area are avoided.