Complete Parts 1 and 2 for this assignment.
Watch the “Ethics vs. Psychological Research” video in the Week One Electronic Reserve Readings.
Professional psychologists, in nonclinical fields, provide valuable consultation services to governmental, corporate, nonprofit agency, and individual clients. Many times this advice focuses on application of learning theory to educational or training tasks.
Select one of the following professional fields:
- Environmental or evolutionary psychology
- Forensic psychology
- Health or sports psychology
- Industrial/organizational or engineering psychologyCreate a 5- to 7-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes for a client explaining psychological learning theory and how it can be applied in the workplace.Address the following in your presentation:
- How the basic tenets of theory (in general) influence the study of learning. The basic tenets of theory should be identified or defined as well as an explanation given. (Note: What is a theory and how is it defined and useful to the study of learning?)
- How psychological learning theory can be applied in the workplace. This should be a general discussion of psychological learning theory and its application to the workplace and not just one theory explained.
- Provide examples of how research methods are used to study the process of learning. Identifiy the method, define it, and then give examples of how it is used to study the process of learning. Include at least three methods.
- Any American Psychological Association (APA) ethical guidelines or specific division ethical guidelines relevant to your presentation. Identify and explain the guideline and where you found it. A minimum of two guidelines need to be identified and explained, as well as the relevance of them to the presentation discussed.Note. If you select industrial/organizational psychology, you might prepare a presentation for an audience of manufacturers on how learning theory can be used to design effective training programs for product assemblers on a moving assembly line.Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.