The Value of Digital Privacy in an Information Technology Age
Research Websites and other technologies that provide private information on U.S. citizens.
3-4 page paper :
- List and describe at least three (3) technologies that allow an individual to research citizens’ private data.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of public access to this information, both for the researchers and those who are being “ investigated”.
- Determine what measures citizens can take to protect private information or information they do not want to be disclosed.
- Discuss a federal law that grants the federal government the legal right to make private information on U.S. citizens available to the public, and whether or not you agree with this law.
- Determine whether there are “electronic privacy laws” that can prevent others from having access to “private information” as well as how effective they are.