1. Differentiate between classical theory and positivist theories.
2. Discuss the nature vs. nurture conflict and explain these opposing views on the cause of delinquency.
3. Differentiate between the function of punishment and the purpose of law according to the Durkheimian and Marxist perspectives.
4. Discuss the two competing world views regarding the cause of delinquency that have existed over the centuries. What are the important concepts of each view?
5. Discuss the key aspects of adolescent development.
6. Differentiate between the five risk and protective factors. Provide examples.
7. What characteristics are present when delinquency is the highest? Why?
8. Discuss the three developmental pathways to delinquency to include the behaviors associated with each.
9. Differentiate between the three levels of child maltreatment.
10. Why are prevention and intervention programs important? What has been shown to be most effective in reducing delinquency?