- Read the Case Study—“Person-Focused Pay at Mitron Computers,” that is located at the end of the chapter reading.
- Navigate to the threaded discussion below and answer the following questions about the Mitron Computers case study:
- What are some advantages of a person-focused pay system at Mitron? (p. 116)
- What are some disadvantages? (p. 116)
- What approach would you recommend for Holly to take in designing a person-focused pay system? (p. 116)
- Review the 2.1 Devotion and Scripture reading to answer the following: The author of the devotion states that “In light of this teaching it is obvious that the gospel gives the concept of reward a new meaning quite different from its ordinary connotation of compensation or remuneration for services rendered” (NIV Stewardship Study Bible, 2012, p. 1302). What suggestions do you have for how HR managers may encourage “right” motivation among employees when implementing and maintaining a person-focused pay system? In other words, what tools and resources and/or policies and procedures might an HR manager provide to offset the potential for employees to transform an organization’s person-focused pay system into a self-centered, reward earning system?
- Provide a detailed post that demonstrates clear, insightful critical thinking. Your initial posting should be 200-300 words long.
- Your initial posting is to include, at a minimum, two sources properly cited and referenced: (a) the Strategic Compensation textbook, and (b) an academic journal article that is at least 3-5 pages in length and published within the last 3-5 years.
Case Study—“Person-Focused Pay at Mitron Computers,”