Emotions play a large part in the learning process. Emotions impact how we learn and the information that we are able to retain. Our brains are highly sensitive to each of our emotional states. Educators should be aware of these issues and how they, as educators, can influence the emotional states of their students. Write a four page paper on how emotions are critical to learning including attention, memory, and meaning.
Your paper must demonstrate the following points:
- Identify and discuss the part(s) of the brain impacted by emotions.
- Evaluate how emotions influence learning, memory, attention, and meaning.
- Discuss how to build a positive emotional climate in the classroom.
You must use and cite at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text. Your paper should be a minimum of four pages with proper formatting according to the 6th edition of the APA style manual (including Times New Roman, 12 point font, with double line spacing and one inch margins).
The paper must also demonstrate clear writing with proper grammar, sentence, structure, paragraph development, and essay organization (introduction with thesis statement and conclusion that summarizes main points).
**Chapters 4, 7, & 8 will be attached**
Additional Resources –
- Fine, C. (2008). The Britiannica guide to the brain: A guided tour of the brain – mind, memory, and intelligence. Philadelphia, PA: Running Press.
- Chapter 5: Behavior and Emotions
- Chapter 6: Memory and Language
- Jensen, E. (2005). Teaching with the brain in mind. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Chapter 5: Emotional States
- Chapter 6: Physical Environments for Learning