Assignment Chapter 8: Deformation and Metamorphism
- Understand the concepts of confining and differential stress (compression, tension, and shear).
- Understand the difference between brittle and plastic deformation
- Acquire criteria for identifying basic types of folds and faults
- Understand the concept of metamorphism and their associated physical and chemical processes.
- Understand the difference between contact and regional metamorphism, and contrast the different conditions of pressure and temperature at which they occur.
- Understand and identify the geological context for different types of metamorphism.