In 3–5 pages, summarize three leadership theories, explain how the theories can be used to influence others and build trust, and give examples of how the theories might be used as strategies for leading in the workplace or community.
Research at least three of the leadership theories from the list below.
- Great man theory.
- Trait theory.
- Behavioral theories:
- Role theory.
- The managerial theory.
- Participative leadership:
- Lewin’s leadership styles.
- Likert’s leadership styles.
- Situational leadership:
- Hersey and Blanchard’s situational leadership.
- Vroom and Yetton’s normative model.
- House’s path-goal theory of leadership.
- Contingency theories:
- Fiedler’s least-preferred coworker (LPC) theory.
- Cognitive resource theory.
- Strategic contingencies theory.
- Transactional leadership:
- Leader-member exchange (LMX) theory.
- Transformational leadership:
- Bass’ transformational leadership theory.
- Burns’ transformational leadership theory.
Based on your research, address the following:
- Summarize each of the three theories you selected. In each summary, be sure you identify the theorists.
- Use each of the three theories to explain the following:
- How the theory can be used by a leader to influence and reward others.
- How the theory can be used by a leader to develop the interpersonal skills needed to build trust.
- For each of your theory explanations, provide examples of how the theory might be used as a strategy for leading in a work environment or in a community.
Format your paper according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting guidelines, including a title page as well as a references page with APA-formatted citations. Include references from at least two scholarly sources. Your completed assessment should be 3–5 pages in length (page count excluding the title page and references).