week 2 assignment 1
Go to Marketwatch.com (Links to an external site.) and search (right side of page) out a publicly-traded company. To give you a better experience with this assignment, try to pick a company that is not too well-known (e.g. avoid Apple, Google, and Walmart). After opening the company’s Marketwatch page, answer the following questions in the form of writing a paper. The paper needs to be at least 2 pages, size 12 font, and double spaced. Remember to appropriately acknowledge any citations in APA format, however, the citations page does NOT count towards your 2 pages.
1. What is the name of your company and what is their stock symbol?
2. What is your company’s market that the chiefly operate in? Who would likely be their primary competitors?
3. Who are the Officers and Executives that are reported by Marketwatch? Does the CEO or president have a profile? IF they do, click on it and report his or her experience as a leader.
4. What things did you find most interesting in the company’s financial disclosures on the profile page?
5. Now click on SEC Filings tab. How many reports has the company submitted each year for 2013, 2014, and 2015? What was one of the reports filed in 2015 (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc)? What information does the report noted provide (i.e. 10-K is a detailed annual filing of the company’s operations and financial data)? Were any of the submissions, in any of the 3 years, corrections of previous filings (yes, it can happen)?
6. Now click on the Analyst Estimates tab. Do you think your company is a good or bad investment? Why would you state this? Use examples from articles available on the site.