business writing course
Progress Report Assignment and Criteria:
- Your report must cover a project your are currently working on from school, work, home, or community.
- Three or more headings required: Work Completed, Work Underway, Work Not Started, Conclusion. These will vary depending on your progress.
- Use memo format for this progress report and address it to either your instructor or the most logical person.
- The report will be several paragraphs with 3-5 sentences in each paragraph. Each paragraph should begin with a topic sentence. This report should be about two pages or more.
- Show how you have overcome some obstacles; explain how far you have come (or, how much has been completed), and how far you have left to go before completion. Do not just make up a list of courses you have completed and count this as a paragraph.
- Use one or more visuals. Don’t make them too large and place them where they go with the text.
- End with a positive paragraph that focuses on the future.
- Be specific! Use numbers, costs, dates, proper names, measurements, etc.
- Proofread for errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Show your audience why you chose this topic and its importance to you
IN THE IMAGE BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE TEMPLATE