In 3–5 pages, summarize three leadership theories, explain how the theories can be used to influence others and build trust, and give examples of how the theories might be used as strategies for leading in the workplace or community.
To be effective, a leader should understand leadership theory. An effective leader should recognize his or her own leadership style, in order to develop strategies for influencing and rewarding others and develop the interpersonal skills that build trust.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate the purpose and relevance of leadership.
- Summarize leadership theories.
- Explain how leadership theories can be used to influence others.
- Explain how leadership theories can be used to develop interpersonal skills that build trust.
- Competency 2: Evaluate how leadership strengths apply in the workplace and within the community.
- Use examples to explain how leadership theories can be used to lead in a work environment or community.