Review this week’s required reading: “Marketing tradition-bound products through story-telling: a case of a Japanese sake brewery”.
As you read the article consider the different marketing communication components employed by the sake brewery and how they are integrated.
Read the textbook case study “The Japanese Steakhouse Experience” on page 117 in the textbook.
Write a three (3) page paper, typed and double spaced, using the West Writing Assignment Template, in which you answer the following:
- Explain the positioning approach used by Benihana.
- Identify the core target audience for Benihana.
- Using information from the case history on identifying a story, what story could Benihana use to explain its concept? Describe the story.
- Compare and contrast the story-telling approach used by the sake industry in Japan to how alcohol tends to be promoted in the United States.
- Alcohol sales are an important component of the profitability of a restaurant. Discuss how the Japanese sake industry could integrate its story-telling approach to increase its sake sales in the environment of a restaurant chain such as Benihana.
Review the MKT 476 Week 6 Rubric to make sure that you have met all the guidelines for how your paper will be assessed.
Format your paper using the West Writing Assignment Handbook guidelines.
Include and cite at least three sources, two of which should be scholarly sources from the West Online Library.
Use the West Citation and Reference Generator Tool to create citations and references.