Consider the experiment of drawing two cards without replacement from a deck consisting of only the Ace through 10 of a single suit (e.g. only hearts).
- Describe the outcomes of this experiment. List the elements of the sample space.
- Define the event Ai to be the set of outcomes for which the sum of values of the cards is I (with an Ace = 1). List the outcomes associated with Ai for i=3 to 19.
- What is the probability of obtaining a sum of the two cards equaling from 3 to 19?
- Now let event B the event “total card value is odd).” Find P(B) and P(Bc)
- What is the probability that the sum of two cards will be more than 14)
(You can use Excel If you want to use it as a tool to organize your answer sheet.)
Submit your answer sheet in drop box.