Stress is the dependent variable and Sleep is Independent Variable.
This is for a Literature review for a Research paper. Please see attached outline as a guide for what professor expects.
- Your assignment document must include:
- NO Abstract (this section is always written last, so you will not write/include this until the end of the session)
- Title page (with running head, title, name, institution)
- 1-2 page literature review that discusses what past research has found regarding how your IV and DV are related to each other
- References page with a minimum of 4 academic sources found in peer-reviewed journals.
- Remember that meeting the minimum requirements is often indicative of an “average” (C-level) paper.
- If you feel the need to use a website source, then it must be in addition to 4 academic journal sources. Most students will not need to use even one website as a source. If you use a website as a source, it must be appropriate. If you feel you need to use more than one website, please discuss it with me.
- APA 6 formatting is required
- Times New Roman, size 10-12 font
- 1 inch margins
- Follow this to assist you with implementing APA 6 formatting guidelines. Note that you can use this document as a template by replacing the name, title, running head, and content with your own (this makes it easier to properly format your running head).
- Information must be synthesized (bring information from multiple sources into a cohesive whole)
- Use no more than ONE brief quote per page. Only use a quote if it is NEEDED. A “needed” quote is meaningful, eloquent, and written in a way that paraphrasing hurts the quality of the quote. Most students will have no quotes in their entire paper. Remember – all quotes must include page numbers in the in-text citation.
- Your literature review should naturally flow into a final paragraph (or end of your concluding paragraph) that discusses what your study aims to do. Introduce the reader to YOUR hypotheses. Do not use: I, we, our (first person) as you write this (in fact, do not use I, we, our, etc. in ANY part of your research paper :).
- DO NOT USE FIRST PERSON in your writing. In this class, I do not want you to use I, we, our, etc. in your research project.