Please read this story “The Cask of Amontillado” by Franz Kafka
Then choose any 4 questions from the 6 questions below:
each answer at least 120 words = total = 4 X 120 = 480 words at least
1. List three symbols from the story. What makes you think they are symbols? What do you think they mean?
2. What is the mood of Gregor’s family at the end of the story? Why? How does their mood at the end compare to the way they feel at the beginning?
3. Which characters grow in this story? How? Why?
4. As a man, how did Gregor define pleasure? How did he define it as a creature?
5. What is “comic” in this story? Why does it strike you as funny or absurd?
6. Why does Gregor turn into a bug? Why not a pony or a kitten?