The objective of this assignment is to measure your progress in mastering the following course competencies:
- Develop innovative and sustainable solutions to strategic and global operations management challenges.
- Apply theories, models, and practices of global operations management to address business problems.
More specifically, you will be expected to demonstrate your ability to:
- Apply the principles and techniques of operations management to the identification of candidate processes.
- Analyze process opportunities for innovation or improvement.
- Analyze the impact of the processes on the organization.
- Analyze the potential impact and benefits of improvement to the organization.
After reading the assigned Toyota case study, Toyota: The Accelerator Crisis (2010) by Greto, Schotter, and Teagarden, identify and describe several processes within Toyota that will benefit from improvement.
When contemplating processes within Toyota, consider these criteria:
- Identify processes that already exist, not those being created or revised.
- Identify processes you can personally evaluate and impact within the relatively short duration of this course.
Describe each process in terms of the following:
- Importance to Toyota.
- Scope: breadth of its reach.
- Parties involved: customers as well as internal and external suppliers.
- Priority: the timeliness or urgency.
- Overall impact or benefits of improvement to Toyota.
- Costs to Toyota if the process is not improved.
In addition to the above:
- Include a short summary (in APA format) about Toyota. Your description should be as thorough as possible. In a subsequent discussion for this unit, you will be asked to post your Process Identification assignment. Prior to submitting your assignment, refer to the Process Identification Feedback discussion. This discussion provides you an opportunity to obtain feedback prior to handing in your assignment.
- Submit your Process Identification assignment as an attachment to this assignment. Review the Process Identification Scoring Guide prior to submitting this assignment to ensure you have met all of the criteria.