1. Login to Tableau
2. Import the excel file – ATLAS_BIKES_TABLEAU_XLS.xlsx
3. Create an innerjoin between Sales table and the rest of the tables as shown below[ Hint: Drag and Drop the tables in the Data Source space]
4. Click on “Goto Worksheet” at the bottom to insert a blank worksheet for your questions
30 points each
1. Management wants to see how the countries are located on the World Map. On hovering over the counties, each one should show the Total Population, Revenue and Quantity sold in the tooltip. Required Components:1.) A world map with colors representing the different countries 2.) total sales and revenue values displayed when hover over. 3.) values displayed above the bars.
2. Management is eager to know the numbers for each of the sales outlets. Display the Revenue and Quantity Sold for each of the Sales Outlet as a Bar Chart. Required Components:1.) A bar chart for sales quantity. 2.) A bar chart for sales revenue. 3.) values displayed above the bars. 4.) the name of the sales outlets represented by bars.
3. Historically the revenue from each sales outlet has been between 30-70 million USD. Management wants to see how many sales outlets fell in that bracket and in which year. Also add a filter so that they can segregate the data based on the year Required Components:1.) Use packed bubbles to display your results. 2.) Outlet name is represented by color. 3.) Add a filter to include only years 2014-2015. 4.) Add a filter to include sales in the range of 30-70 million USD. 5). Display the Sales outlet name, sales year, and sales revenue in the circle.
4. Management wants to see how the sales outlets across the 3 countries performed for each of the Product Categories. Use a TreeMap and give the ability to the management to filter on the year, country name and Product Category Name. Required Components:1.) Use a TreeMap to display your results. 2.) Add a filter for product category. 3.) Add a filter for sales year of 2014, 2015. 4.) Add a filter to allow the ability to filter by country. 5). Display the product category name. 6). Display the product name. 7). Display the sales year.
5. To make the presentation more appealing, put together your visualizations as a storyboard. Required Components:1.) Create a storyboard. 2.) Insert a cover page to highlight what the report is about. 3.) On each page add text to explain the visualization/findings.