Instructional leadership is on the different away to instructional leadership in management
why : some teachers in Saudi Arabia don’t have control to leadership
who: Teachers and Ministry responsible
where Saudi Arabia
discussant about curriculem development and strategies
what: Teachers prospective Instructional leadership
used case study and phenomenology
In this course we, as a group, will apply principles of a “Basic Qualitative Study” (Merriam, 2009, p.23) and conduct a study on a shared topic: Purpose of Education from Different Perspectives. [in this study ‘purpose’ is defined as a reason for which education is done or created and exists]. This study has two sub-questions, one of which will be answered through the analysis of our class narratives (i.e., What is the purpose of education from the perspective of students in RES7700?).
The second sub-question is what you are formulating in this post (will be answered from the analysis of one interview that you will perform in the next few weeks). So in this post write your research sub-question and a brief rationale for why this particular population is worth exploring:
- Central research question: What is the purpose of education from different perspectives?
- Sub-question (which you need to finish): What is the purpose of education from the perspective of [insert whose perspective you are interested in]? (Examples: teachers, parents, athletes, administrators, homeless people, immigrant mothers, etc.)*
- A rationale for this sub-question, i.e. briefly explain why it may be important to better understand how your specific population of interest in #2 interpret/describe the purpose of education
For this assignment you will write a clearly worded and complete rationale and purpose statement for a basic qualitative study on the topic: Purpose of Education from Different Perspectives, reflected in the research question: “What is the purpose of education from different perspectives?” You will also come up with one research sub-question, which must be specific to the population that you are interested in. There are multiple research sub-questions that can be generated on the same topic – you need to select one. Use discussion board in Module 3 question 1 to brainstorm ideas and get feedback. After deciding on the sub-question, outline the plan to collect data.
1. Remember that your sub-question must focus on the purpose (i.e., the reason for which education is done or created and exists).
2. Pick whose understanding/perspective or which practice you are interested in exploring and which specific question you want to answer.
3. Develop a design plan to answer it. This research question and the design plan will guide your interview and the coding of the data in your project. Your submitted assignment must include clearly labeled sections with:
- A rationale for why it might be important to better understand how ABC [insert whose perspective you are interested in] describe the purpose of education.
- Stated research objective
- A qualitative research sub-question that pertains to the above topic.