Below are some discussion questions that need to be answered. Each question can be answer with a 250-400 word response. The response must have at least 1 APA reference.
- In the textbook for this course, Johnson states that he will use the terms morals and ethics interchangeably. In his video, however, R. C. Sproul purports a clear delineation between the two. With which of these two do you agree? Why?
- If an action is considered ethical in one society or culture but unethical in another how do you determine if the action is ethical or unethical? Explain.
- Can a leader who acts ethically in all of his or her actions be a poor or ineffective leader? Why or why not?
- Are toxic leaders the same as unethical leaders? Support your position.
- Laws contain consequences for when they are broken (e.g. fines, imprisonment) while policies outlines principles of action for an organization. If you design an ethics policy for your organization and include consequences for violation of the policy, does the policy then become a law rather than a policy? Why or why not?
- Which would be more difficult for you: finding out that the leaders of your organization have acted illegally or finding out that the leaders of your organization have acted unethically. Why?