Assignment 1—Organizational Learning and Learning Organizations
Organizational learning (OL) refers to situations where, to increase effectiveness, managers work on improving their ability to understand and lead the organization and the task environments. In his book, The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization, Peter Senge (2006) states that managers can promote organizational learning and create a Learning Organization by:
- Developing personal mastery.
- Building complex and challenging mental models.
- Promoting team learning.
- Building shared vision.
- Encouraging systems thinking.
Using the University online library resources, locate a minimum of three different scholarly sources on OL.
Respond to the following:
- From a manager’s standpoint, discuss the applicability of OL to your current workplace (or to a company you know well) in order to improve its performance.
- Explain what kinds of actions and changes to the organization need to be implemented to achieve this goal.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 400 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Friday, January 3, 2014, post your responses to the appropriate Discussion Area.