Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Testing and quality assurance is also an important phase within the software development life cycle (SDLC); however, it can start as early as the design phase and continue into deployment. Planning for these during the design phase and executing during development and implementation is critical and could halt final deployment until discovered errors are corrected.
For this assignment, you will develop a plan for at least 3 types of tests, and describe the quality controls that you plan to perform quality assurance.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Update the System Requirements, Design, and Implementation Specification title page with the new date.
- Update the previously completed sections based on the instructor’s feedback.
- Test and Quality Assurance Plan
- Develop a plan for unit testing. Include specific application functions that will be tested and how the tests will be conducted.
- Develop a plan for system testing. Include areas that you will test within both the application and a system as a whole and how errors will be tracked and reported.
- Develop a plan for user acceptance testing. Include key stakeholders who should perform the test and how they will record any issues that they find.
- Develop a quality assurance plan. Include specific quality assurance methods or control, what their purpose is, and in which phase they will be utilized.
- Name the document “yourname_IT425_IP3.doc.”