Assignment 2: Leadership Assessment (rubric attached)
Organizational leaders are expected to create realistic visions for their companies and the employees
they guide, but these visions often have characteristics or properties that differ. There is, therefore, the
realization that there is no one best leadership style to guide employees toward accomplishing
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the leadership style(s) of a senior executive (CEO, CFO, COO, Director, etc.) in your
current or previous organization who made a positive or negative impact on you.
2. Analyze the organizational structure and culture of the company for which you work (or would like
to work) to determine its approach to team development, and whether that approach helped to
enhance your relationship skills in the workplace.
3. Evaluate the performance of your selected leader based on his or her ethical conduct and
effective communication to determine if this leader was successful in motivating and empowering
you to improve on your work performance. Explain your answer.
4. Determine three (3) best practices organizational leaders can use to motivate employees and
discuss their potential benefits.
5. Discuss some of the challenges leaders encounter when managing diversity and how diversity
helps business organizations better compete in global markets.
6. Develop an effective business strategy to address the challenges and issues you have identified
7. Use at least five (5) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Explain the principal theories of leadership and motivation, and describe the fundamental
considerations in managing and motivating individual and group behavior.
Explain the multiple aspects of the managerial planning process and the application of various
business and corporate-level strategies.
Assess how various leadership styles fit cultural differences and effectively operate in global
Analyze the importance of ethical behavior to an organization’s culture and the new ethical
dilemmas created by globalization
Describe actions to improve communications, manage conflict, develop strong organizational
culture, and improve the ethical behavior in organizations.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.