U10:Read the following chapter(s) from your Pearce and Robinson text:
Pearce, J. A., & Robinson, R. B. (2013). Strategic management: Planning for domestic & global competition (13th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
Chapter 1: “Strategic Management”
Chapter 14: “Innovation and Entrepreneurship”
U10: The Strategic Plan Presentation
The Final Assignment is your opportunity to bring all your learning together. This Strategic Management Plan presentation is an in-depth case study analysis of the company of your choice. Click here for Final Project Guidelines which are also available in Doc Sharing.
You may choose either a large, well-known Fortune 1,000 company that has information readily available, or a smaller company in your city or town which has information in the local press (the larger company may be easier). Pretend that you are a business and strategy consultant hired by one of your chosen company’s executives to present the new strategic plan to the Board of Directors (BoD).
You will create this Assignment in a PowerPoint presentation format. Use a bulleted list for each slide (page) and support the bulleted ideas in the Notes section of the slide. Use APA format and citation style in the notes description section. Do include a references page at the end of the presentation for the outside sources you used and integrated in the presentation itself. In addition, follow the Final Project Guidelines.
Final Project Guidelines
· Company Background
· Company Vision and Mission Statements
· Leadership and Organizational Culture
· Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Ethics, and Policies Empowering Action
· External Analysis (Opportunities and Threats) and Global Environment
· Internal Analysis (Strengths and Weaknesses), Strategic Control and Continuous Improvement
· Innovation and Entrepreneurship
· Strategic Analysis and Choice
· Generic and Grand Strategies
· Long-Term Objectives and Strategies
· Short-Term Objectives, Functional Tactics, and Implementation
· Restructuring, Reengineering and Refocusing
· Develop a strategic plan.
· Modify a Fortune 1000 company’s strategic planning mode to include an entrepreneurial mode.
· Create a new grand strategy for long term growth.
· Create presentation in PowerPoint format.
· Submit to the Unit 10: Final Assignment Dropbox.
For additional Assignment details see Rubric below.