Leaders hold an important role in ensuring organizations move forward to attain strategic objectives. There are many theoretical approaches and strategies leaders can employ to improve the effectiveness of decisions, build relationships with team members, and foster myriad other positive impacts on themselves, their followers, and the organization itself. This assignment will allow you to address the analysis of organizational climate, the selection of a theoretical approach to decision making, the amount and timeliness of data required to implement the approach, and the role the leader plays in implementing that approach from a strategic perspective.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) discussing the selection of a theoretical approach to decision making, the amount and timeliness of data required to implement the approach, and the role the leader plays in implementing that approach from a strategic perspective. Include the following:
- A research-based discussion of how to analyze the social, cultural, and political conditions and trends in an organization in order to make a reasoned selection of a theoretical approach to decision making. (Benchmarks C6.2: Identify and analyze prevailing social, cultural, and political conditions and trends within organizations.)
- A research-based description of and rational for a preferred theoretical approach to decision making in an organization. (Benchmarks C6.3: Assess behavioral theories and their application to organizational development.)
- A research-supported discussion of the balance a leader must attain between timeliness of the decision and the amount of information needed to assure the quality of the decision.
- An analysis of the role of the leader in strategically implementing the approach described above within an organization.