Please submit the Excel file and Word file at the same link where you downloaded the assignment document.
Assignment 1 problems
- A human resources manager at Beta Technologies, Inc., has collected current annual salary figures and related data for 52 of the companyâ€™s full-time employees. The data are in the file Ass1-1.xlsx. In particular, these data include each selected employeeâ€™s gender, age, number of years of relevant work experience prior to employment at Beta, the number of years of employment at Beta, the number of years of post-secondary education, and annual salary.
- Indicate the type of data for each of the six variables included in this set.
- Use the frequency array function to form a frequency table for Beta Experience, grouping the variable into 5 equal classes beginning at 0.
- Using StatTools, construct a frequency table and histogram with 9 classes for the ages of the employees included in this sample. Is the distribution symmetrical or skewed to the left or right?
- Using Vlookup, recode the age variable into a new variable REC-AGE in column G, with employees younger than 30 recoded as â€œYoungâ€, those from 30 to younger than 50, â€œExperiencedâ€, and those 50 or above, â€œMatureâ€. Print the first 5 rows of the results.