edTPA Practice Task 2 INSTRUCTION
â€œedTPA is a performance-based, subject-specific assessment and support system used by teacher preparation programs throughout the United States to emphasize, measure, and support the skills and knowledge that all teachers need from Day 1 in the classroom.â€
As part of the teacher preparation program at Liberty University, the School of Education desires that all of our students build a strong understanding of research-based practices for use in the classroom. Many states across the US require students to complete and submit an edTPA portfolio as part of their licensure program. EdTPA programs focus on three main tasks:
- Task 1: PLANNING. Planning for Instruction and Assessment
- Task 2: INSTRUCTION. Instructing and Engaging Students in Learning
- Task 3: ASSESSMENT. Assessing Student Learning
For the purposes of this assignment, we will take a closer look at Task 2. An actual edTPA portfolio requires student teachers to submit videos tied to the lesson plans that they prepared for Task 1. For our practice task we are going to evaluate video submissions provided in LiveText, using the attached rubrics.
- Select the appropriate area of licensure and view the video submission.
- Complete the Rubric and Commentary templates and submit through LiveText.
Instruction Rubric template (Rubrics #6-10):
- Mark the performance level you have chosen for each rubric.
- Then type the justification for your choice in the brackets [ ] above each rubric.
- Justification should match rubric content and include specific examples from the video.
- Type your responses between the brackets [ ] using Arial 11-point font and single space with 1â€ margins on all sides.
- No hyperlinked content is permitted.
- Incorporate academic language in complete sentences and paragraphs.
- Refer to specific examples and time stamps in the video clips.
- Your commentary should be at least 4 single-spaced pages including prompts, and must not exceed 6 pages. [SPE commentary should be 5-8 pages]
- Refer to Instruction Commentary sample responses provided.