Exercise 5-1: Follow the instructions below to complete Exercise 5-1:
- If necessary start QBO.
- Add the following customers
- To enter the 12/1 checks and ATM, use the transaction register. Before entering checks, make sure your Checking account register shows the same 11/30 balance, $61,469.59, as the transaction register. (Hint: Chart of Accounts displays > 101 Checking.) When necessary, type the appropriate payment amounts, ATM, and check number.
- After recording the 12/1 transactions, display the Bank Register for Account 101 Checking. (Hint: From the Navigation bar, select Accounting > on the Chart of Accounts double-click 101 Checking.) Make sure your ending balance is $61,001.16. If not, edit checks.Before entering the transactions on the next page, make sure the Checking account register shows $61,001.16.
If needed, Checks can be edited by drilling down from the Vendors Page or Audit Log.
|Date||Description of Transaction|
|12/1/20XX||Paid the vendor, AmpleStore Inc. for Bill No. AS7, $300, Ref no. 1041. (Hint:Expenses > Vendors > AmpleStore > Make payment. When you uncheck Bill # AS12, the bill you want to pay, AS7, is checked.)|
Click <Save and new>.
Exercise 5-2: Follow the instructions below to complete Exercise 5-2:
- Export these reports to Excel and PDF. Run most of the reports from 10/1/20XX to 12/1/20XX, or as shown below. (Hint: When the report needs as As of date, use 12/1/20XX)
- Exercise 5-2_Vendor Balance Summary (Report period > Custom > as of 12/1/20XX.)
- Exercise 5-2_AP Aging Summary
- Exercise 5-2_Customer Contact List
- Exercise 5-2_ Journal (In Exercise 4-2, the Journal was printed from 10/1/20XX through 11/12/20XX. For Exercise 5-2, use 11/13/20XX through 12/1/20XX.)
- Exercise 5-2_Transaction Detail by Account
- Exercise 5-2_Trial Balance
- Exercise 5-2_Inventory Valuation Summary
- Exercise 5-2_Customer Balance Summary
- Exercise 5-2_AR Aging Summary
- Exercise 5-2_Profit and Loss
- Exercise 5-2_Balance Sheet
- Exercise 5-2_Statement of Cash Flows
- Check Your Figures (from 10/1/20XX to 12/1/XX):
- Account 101 Checking, $63,581.16
- Account 105 Accounts Receivable, $1,410.00
- Account 115 Merchandise Inventory, $10,155.00
- Account 201 Accounts Payable, $16,900.00
- Account 401 Sales, $24,330.00
- Account 501, Cost of Goods Sold, $9,165.00
- Account 621 Office Supplies, $460.42
- Total Liabilities and Equity, $94,146.16
- Net Income, $12,246.16