Federal and State Policy Influences
Use at least 3 practicum hours to interview the three early childhood educators as indicated below.
Research the federal policies (e.g., ESSA, Title I, IDEA) and state policies (child care regulations) that govern early childhood education.
Interview your classroom teacher, administrator of a faith-based school for young children, and one other educator of young children using the following:
- How have federal and state policies affected funding and testing criteria?
- How have policies affected classroom instruction?
- How have ESSA, Title I, and IDEA affected school learning?
- How does the relationship of church and state affect the early childhood field?
- Three questions about federal and state policies based on your personal interests.
- Three questions about federal and state policies based on your research.
For each interviewee, create a one-page table or chart that includes the following:
- The occupation or position of interviewee,
- The questions posed, and
- The intervieweeâ€™s responses to each question.
Write a 250-500-word reflection of what you have learned from your research and interviews and how that will affect your future classroom. Give examples.
Use 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.