Consider you are an HR manager within a relatively small organization of approximately 65 employees. Recently, there have been a number of concerns voiced about managing employee performance and evaluating it against the goals of the organization. It has been a challenge to align roles and responsibilities within the organization, and there are growing concerns that the problem will worsen as the company continues to evolve and expand. As a result, you have been tasked with the design and implementation of a performance management program. Through your experience and research you have come up with a design that you feel allows for both the consistency and flexibility that a growing company requires in a performance management program.
The next hurdle involves the implementation of the program. How long do you have to complete the implementation? Whose buy-in do you need before the program can go live? In what order would you inform all entities of the details of the new program? What steps could you take to ensure a successful implementation?
In this weekâ€™s Assignment you will analyze the process of implementing a performance management program within an organization.
To prepare for this Assignment, you will evaluate an organization with which you are familiar or one that might benefit from the implementation of a new performance management program. You may use publicly traded organizations, if you wish, whose information is readily available on the Internet.
Complete this Assignment by developing a 3- to 5-page paper, following the guidelines below:
- Identify the organization that you have selected and explain the benefits available to this organization in implementing a new or revised performance management program.
- Identify the stakeholders within your selected organization, Select whose support would be needed. Explain why their buy-in would be necessary.
- Explain the time line of sequenced steps necessary in launching, testing, and auditing a performance management program; and explain your rationale. Identify at which point on the time line each of the key stakeholders should be brought into the process. (Note: Consider this as a section within the paper, not a visual graphic.)
- Identify and describe the key steps to successfully implementing a performance management program.
- All work must be original and in APA format.
Be specific and provide examples with references to the literature provided this week.