Option 1: Read What Makes an Urban Legend? (Links to an external site.) and address the following:
- In what ways have urban legends adapted over time, both in terms of the content of urban legends and the way in which the spread over time?
- What urban legends, folklore, or scary supernatural tales do you remember hearing about as a child?
- What kinds of urban legends have you encountered as an adult?
- How many counterintuitive elements exist in the urban legends and other tales that you have encountered?
- What strong emotions are evoked by these tales?
- Are there elements to these stories that deal with death and survival or both?
- What do you think urban legends will look like in the future?