Letâ€™s look at some other factors that might influence pay. Complete the problems below and submit your work in an Excel document. Be sure to show all of your work and clearly label all calculations. All statistical calculations will use the Employee Salary Data Set.
- One question we might have is if the distribution of graduate and undergraduate degrees independent of the grade the employee? (Note: this is the same as asking if the degrees are distributed the same way.) Based on the analysis of our sample data (shown below), what is your answer?
- Using our sample data, we can construct a 95% confidence interval for the population’s mean salary for each gender. Interpret the results. How do they compare with the findings in the week 2 one sample t-test outcomes (Question 1)?
- Based on our sample data, can we conclude that males and females are distributed across grades in a similar pattern within the population?
- Using our sample data, construct a 95% confidence interval for the population’s mean service difference for each gender. Do they intersect or overlap? How do these results compare to the findings in week 2, question 2?
- How do you interpret these results in light of our question about equal pay for equal work?