The criteria in the Scoring Guide for this assignment are directly aligned to Competencies 1â€“4 for the course.
- Competency 1: Examine criminal law and procedure.
- Competency 2: Articulate the historical development of criminal law.
- Competency 3: Distinguish between legal and social parameters in criminal law.
- Competency 4: Analyze the elements of a crime.
Throughout the class, you have examined the rules of criminal procedure that govern its application and historical development of criminal law. Through various scenarios and analysis of specific crimes, you have learned to distinguish between the social and legal definitions of crime through the dissection of the various elements of crimes. The challenge was to delve deep into these scenarios from the perspective of a criminal justice professional and exchange opinions based on these analyses to further your learning.
Prepare a 4- to 6-page paper (1â€“1.5 pages per competency for Competencies 1 through 4), focused on the course competencies and address two key areas of learning for each competency. Competency 5 will be showcased through your coverage of Competencies 1â€“4. This paper should showcase your learning proficiency and describe the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context. This assignment should be placed in your ePortfolio for future reference, and to demonstrate your learning connections for future employment purposes.
Be sure to review the Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to APA (current edition) guidelines.
- Required page count: 4â€“6, not including the title page or the references page.
- Required number of references: One reference per competency.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.