The retail store knows that the current network model is not reliable, and the idea of adding a Web server to host its Web site seems unfeasible. To the best of his ability, Matt (the information technology [IT] support person) has shared with you that there is an AS/400 mainframe, 15 workstations, a router, several hubs to support 3 workgroups of 5 nodes each, a database, and a file server. It is hoped that the company will grow and that it will need to hire more employees in the near future. Internet access is sporadic, but it is supposed to work (according to the cable company).
Examples are provided here to help with this assignment.
Network Design Diagram (4â€“5 pages)
The project deliverables for this week are as follows:
- Create a local area network (LAN) design diagram of the current network that describes the hardware and software resources that Matt described.
- Create a revised LAN design diagram of your proposed network that describes the hardware and software resources that you recommend be implemented.
- Provide a rationale for your network design.
- In support of your revised LAN diagram, provide a specific narrative that details the specific changes that you are recommending and why you feel that those changes should be made.
- Provide an analysis as to how this part of the project fulfills the mission and 1 or more goals of the case study organization.
- Note: Use Microsoft Visio or equivalent to create the LAN design diagrams (current and revised). You will embed the diagrams in the Word document and also provide them as attachments.
- All sources should be cited both in-text and in References using APA format.