Please use Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Due Week 9 and worth 500 points
Building on the PESTLE Analysis, Case Study 1: Are Our Customer Liaisons Helping or Hurting?, Case Study 2: Health Care Needs Real Competition, and your outline that you completed in Week 5, continue to develop a strategic plan for the same organization.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Select one (1) specific analytical tool that you can use to determine whether the adaptive strategy or strategies selected for your organization will be the most effective in helping the organization achieve its goals. Propose the manner in which you would use this analytical tool, and support your proposal with an example of its proposed use.
- Determine one (1) internal and one (1) external factor that you discovered during the environmental analysis that could be a barrier to the success of your proposed strategy or strategies. Recommend one (1) solution to each of the barriers in question.
- Determine the specific segment of the market that your organizationâ€™s strategy or strategies will target.
- Recommend whether pre-service, point-of-service, or after-service activities would be the most effective approach in marketing your strategy or strategies to the organizationâ€™s target customers. Support your recommendation with examples of such effectiveness.
- Propose the most effective manner in which the organization can support its strategic direction within its culture and structure.
- Determine the most effective manner in which each of the following strategic resources can be instrumental in helping the organization to achieve its strategic goals: finance, human resources, facilities, and IT. Provide a specific example relevant to each resource to support your response.
- Evaluate how well the strategic plan you have developed aligns with the organizationâ€™s mission and vision. Recommend three (3) specific strategies to track the effectiveness of your strategic plan.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites to not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of your paper, your name, the course number and course title, your professorâ€™s name, the universityâ€™s name, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply analytic skills to define strategic problems, generate and evaluate strategic alternatives, and develop implementation tactics.
- Differentiate between the target customer segments and positioning products within these segments as they apply to health care organizations.
- Differentiate between value-adding service delivery strategies and value-adding support strategies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the strategic management of health care organizations.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management of health care organizations using proper writing mechanics.