Objective: To use various search engines to identify relevant conference and journal papers in the literature.
Assignment: Using various search engines (e.g. IEEExplore, ACM Digital Library, Google Scholar, Science Citation Index, etc…), identify a set of 3 or more related papers that meet the following criteria:
- At least one is from a refereed journal (if you are not sure, ask me)
- All papers must be by different authors (it is OK if there is some overlap in the author list, but it must not be identical)
- The papers address â€œa particular topicâ€ within Software Project Management research. Please see a sample list of topics on page 2 of this document.
- You can justify to me why the papers are related
For each paper, you are to read through the paper and extract the following information:
- Reference information (Title, Author, Conference/Journal, Conference Location, Date, Pages, etc…)
- The main research question investigated
- Was this study motivated by the results of a previous study (by the authors or by other researchers)?
- The type of study performed (You may not understand the details yet, but you should be able to find a description of the type of study). [Note: Under Module 1, a document is provided to you on Canvas that can help you understand the different types of research methods.]
- The main findings of the study
- Any important threats to validity discussed by the authors
- Why you found this paper interesting
- The complete references of all the papers you identified in the proper IEEE format.
- The summary of each paper described above
- A synthesis of the papers: i.e., What you can tell me about the topic now that you have read all papers that you could not tell me before or from reading only one of the papers
- A description of the process you used to locate the papers (e.g. search engines used, keywords used, etc…)
- An evaluation of your process and of the search engines used (e.g. was your process good? why/why not? were the search engines good? why/why not, etc…)
Remember, you need to identify at least three (3) papers.
each article, please provide the different data extraction elements as a
separate sub-headings (1. Reference information; 2. Main Research
Questions; 3. Type of Study; and so on ). Then, at the end of the data
extraction, provide summary of the paper