- Carefully review the descriptions of the RAs (ATTACHED). Prepare a time line for each assignment for completing each part of these assignments.
- For each task that you include in the time line, describe what you will do to complete it. List the types of resources and information you will need to obtain in order to complete each task, as well as the strategy you will use to collect information from these resources.
- Submit the research question that you would like to use as the foundation for your literature review due in Module 5. (Question: research paper that examines and summarizes the recent literature on the negative consequences of parental divorce on children)
Using the online library resources, locate a research study (professional literature) from the human services field. Professional literature may include the University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).
In a 2–3 page paper, respond to the following using the APA style:
- Provide a brief overview of your selected study, making sure that you cover the purpose of the study, the methodology used, the participants, the way the data was collected and analyzed, and the outcomes.
- If you were the researcher conducting this study and found that you were not familiar with the particular research population, what steps would you take to prepare yourself to conduct the research with this population?
- In developing an informed consent form for participation in research, what are the eight basic elements you would include in the form as applied to your selected study? Make sure that you provide the details of each element as though you were constructing an informed consent form to provide to your participants.
- How does this research study contribute to the field of human services? How does it benefit society? Does this benefit outweigh the possible risks associated with the study? Discuss.
- Was any deception used in this study? If so, why was this deception necessary? If not, do you think that the study would have benefited from any kind of deception? Explain.
- What is the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and what role does it play in research? Explain with reference to your selected study.