- Power Plays and the Abuse of Power in Health Care Organizations
- Suggest the major issues that you believe are the basis for most of the organizational power struggles within health care facilities. Propose a method that a health care facility could use to alleviate power imbalances within the organization.
- Assess the importance of preventing power abuse within health care organizations. Propose two (2) effective negotiation approaches that the leadership within a health care organization could use to move situations involving power abuse to a productive conclusion. Justify your response.
- Complex Systems, Organizational Learning, and Improving the Quality of Care
- Elaborate on the major reasons why, according to the text, health care systems can be considered complex. Next, argue a case for double-loop against single-loop learning in organizational learning. Support your response with at least one (1) example of the advantages of double-loop learning. Common industry knowledge dictates that in order to achieve desired outcomes in quality improvement in health care organizations, the leadership must consider multiple factors. Speculate on the main reasons why focusing on “people” processes is a highly regarded practice for improving the performance of health care organizations. Support your response with at least two (2) examples of increased value and / or performance in the researched hospital from the e-Activity.
- Strategic Thinking and Tactical Strategies, and Competitive Advantage
- Assess the value of dynamic strategic thinking, particularly in the health care environment. Speculate on the most significant potential consequences should a health care organization neglect to think strategically. Give at least one (1) specific example of the constant changes that keep health care organizations seeking new strategies continually.Analyze the importance of having a competitive advantage in health care. Recommend two (2) actions that a hospital could take in order to achieve a competitive advantage. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Decisions on Health Care Organization Alliances and Regulations
- distinguish the factors that are most important in carrying out a successful health care organization’s merger or acquisition. Defend at least two (2) reasons why health care organization alliances are sometimes necessary. Provide a rationale for your response.Dispute or defend the idea that a government regulation system should be the main regulating body in health care. Predict two (2) consequences of the alternative regulating system being in control. Provide a rationale for your response.
Health Care Information Systems
- Justify the primary reasons why investing in any health care organization’s technology and information system should align with the overall organization’s strategic goals. Speculate at least one (1) example of the potential adverse effects to the organization for not doing so.
- Suppose you are the administrator at a hospital of your choosing. From the e-Activity, suggest the most important attributes of other hospital’s information systems (IS) that you would need to consider when structuring the IS system in your own hospital. Provide a rationale for your response.
Ethics and Globalization of Health Care, and Electronic Medical Records Versus Personal Health Records
examine the primary reasons why medical tourism is becoming popular among Americans, and determine whether or not the health care industry should encourage this consumer behavior. Give at least two (2) specific examples associated with such patient medical consumerism behaviors.
- Compare and contrast electronic medical records with personal health records. Justify the ethical responsibility of keeping patients’ medical and personal health records confidential. Provide a rationale for your response.