Respond to the following questions in your own words. Your responses should include specific examples and should incorporate concepts and terms from Chapters 8 and 9 in your textbook.
- Does the desire to buy the lowest price product ever create any ethical dilemmas for a consumer? Why or why not?
- Explain how and when a consumer might be considered “vulnerable” to advertisers. Should the ethics of marketing to the vulnerable be considered in allowing advertisements? Why or why not?
- In a local or national newspaper, find an article about a topic related to business ethics. Read the article. Then, write 3–5 paragraphs that answer one of the following questions:
Explain what the article is about. Discuss how the company described in the article developed a “cutting edge” marketing campaign. Is there any part of this campaign that you would consider deceptive or unfair to any consumers? If so, how? How might such an advertising campaign be changed going forward to alleviate some of your concerns?
- APA format
- 3–4 pages in length (excluding cover page, abstract, and reference list)
- Use the APA template located in the Course Information folder to complete the assignment.