Unit I Article Review
Using the CSU Online Library, locate a peer-reviewed article that discusses research in an organization. Topic ideas include the role of research, development of research studies, integration of different types of methods, or the communication of research results within an organization. Note that these are ideas; please expand within the parameters of research used within organizations. Respond to the following questions/topics:
1. Summarize the article with an eye on the author’s main point.
2. How does this article contribute to contemporary thinking about research?
3. How does this article illustrate the importance of using research to make decisions within an organization?
4. How can information in this article be applied to your field?
5. What is your opinion on the topic of this article?
Your APA-formatted response must be a minimum of three pages in length (not including the title page and the reference page). Your sources should be located using the CSU Online Library and must be peer-reviewed. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
For step-by-step instructions for formatting a paper in APA style, please refer to the CSU Citation
Unit II Scholarly Activity
Most problems companies face are due to a lack of information; with complete and accurate information, the problems could be solved. Using the CSU Online Library, explore the topic of how research is conducted in organizations to address problems or issues. Then, select a company that is of interest to you, and respond to the following questions/topics:
1. Briefly describe your company. Identify potential problems or issues (current or future) that your company might address with a research study.
2. What indicators are prevalent demonstrating that the company is effectively (or ineffectively) using research studies within the organization?
3. How might the company use secondary research? How might they use primary research?
4. What might this company do in the future to expand its research? Include your rationale.
Your APA-formatted response must be a minimum of three pages in length (not including the title page and the reference page) and must include an introduction, a thesis statement (concise summary of the main point of the paper), and a clear MBA 5652, Research Methods 3
discussion of the questions/topics above. Your response must include a minimum of two credible references. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.