Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to give learners hands on experience working, mission, and vision statements and to increase learner’s knowledge of an organization’s core competencies.
Resources: Management: A Practical Introduction, Table 6.1; chosen organization’s mission, vision, and value statements, and strategic plan, BLS Industries at a Glance.
Examine the mission and vision statements of your place of employment or an organization with which you are familiar. Then, use the internet to locate and examine the mission and vision statement of a comparable organization.
Use the Mission and Vision Comparison Table provided to compare your organization’s mission and vision statement to the one you found on the internet.
Create a 1,400-word analysis including the following:
- Compare your organization’s mission, vision, and values against the criteria for what makes for robust statements.
- Summarize what you concluded when you compared your organization to the organization you found on the internet.
- Identify your organization’s core competencies.
- Examine your organization’s core competencies based on established definitions. Include a rationale for the selection of these core competencies.
- Briefly summarize your organization’s strategic goals.
- Evaluate whether your organization’s current behavior and business goals are aligned to its mission, vision, values, and core competencies.
- Determine if your organization lives up to its own mission, vision, and values.
- Justify your determination.
- Append your Mission and Vision Comparison Table to the end of the document.
Format the assignment consist with APA guidelines.
Regarding: APA, Grammarly, and Turnitin (Plagiarism Checker)
Use APA 6th edition manual on all assignments. If you do not have the manual, see examples in the Center for Writing Excellence (CWE). You have many tools at your disposal in the library; upload all assignments in the plagiarism and grammar checker. See links also located in CWE. Attach reports separately and not within your written assignment. See more on Grammarly in the Instructor Announcements area.