Select 1 of the following Bipolar and related disorders:
- Bipolar I Disorder
- Bipolar II Disorder
- Cyclothymic Disorder
Provide the following details about the disorder:
- What are some of the symptoms?
What would this disorder look like in person? Make sure you relate this back to the DSM criteria.
- Prevalence in the U.S. population
- Your perception of potential impact on workplace performance
- Discuss one type of treatment approach that has been shown to be successful in treating the disorder you selected.
- Long-term prognosis (i.e., can it get better?)
Provide 1-2 sources (other than your textbook) cited in APA style to support your answer.
You may also research the psychological disorders, by reviewing an electronic version of the DSM-5 in CTU’s library. For more information on accessing the DSM-5 in the library please review How to Access DSM-5 and/or watch this video.
The materials found in the MUSE may help you with this assignment such as the audio file Introduction to Mood Disorder