Assignment 2: Course Project I—Annotated Bibliography
In this assignment you will choose a disorder diagnosed in children or adolescents and review current research. You will provide a critical evaluation of that research by creating an annotated bibliography.
An annotated bibliography is a brief summary and analysis of a journal article. For this assignment, you must provide an annotated bibliography of at least six peer-reviewed academic journal articles describing research related to your chosen disorder. Each article must have been published within the past five years.
This assignment will help you prepare for writing your literature review.
Your review of each of your six peer-reviewed journal articles should include the following:
- The main topic
- The focus or thesis of the journal article
- The argument that the author is making and its relevance to your focal question
- The type of article—published, original research, meta-analysis, or reflection piece
- The key findings of the study
- Your opinion about the merits of the study, including future points of interest or research
For more information on the required format of the bibliography, click here to review an annotated bibliography template. The annotated bibliography will be used as a part of the literature review for your course project due in Week 5.
Locate research articles from scholarly journals. Scholarly journal articles are also referred to as primary sources or peer-reviewed articles. A scholarly journal article can be found in the South University Online Library. To find more information on using the South University Online Library for accessing scholarly journal articles, click Library Guide. What cannot be used for this assignment are web pages, magazines, newspapers, textbooks, and other books.
In a 6- to 8-page Microsoft Word document, assemble the annotated bibliography and address the following:
- Write a 2-paragraph summary for each article.
- Write a 1- to 2-paragraph analysis and evaluation for each article.
- Integrate what you learned in your course readings in that analysis.
- Use APA format, including:
- Title page
- Double space
- Reference page
Apply APA standards to citation of sources, including use of in-text citations and full references.