1. Read all the articles Chapter 19
2. Determine a claim you want to support around this topic of American colleges. Remember that a claim must be arguable. It can not simply be a statement of fact.
3. Determine three reasons you want to advance — reasons why the reader should accept/adopt your claim.
4. Pull from the articles in this chapter at least one piece of research to support each of your reasons. (Said another way — you need at least one piece of research for each reason and the research must come from the articles in this chapter.)
5. Think about the opposition to your argument & your rebuttal. What would those you oppose your claim say to rebut you?
6. Study the outline that I have provided you as a guide as to how you can organize your essay. Do not use my claim or reasons.
7. Write and revise your essay. Your essay should be 850 words at a minimum.
8. Review the rubric to make sure you have addressed all the necessary components. (See separate assignment).
9. Review the Creating a Good Title document.
9. Create a Works Cited page (MLA) that lists all the articles from Chapter 19 from which you pulled research