*5 to 7-typed, double-spaced pages (12 point font, Times New Roman)
*A Cover Page(Format to Be Provided)
* A third-level sentence outline (taken to the third level only twice)
*Only 3-to-4 documented sources per page
*A variety of parenthetical citations—direct quotations, paraphrases, summaries
(3-3-3 or 4)
*Strong interpretations/analyses of cited material, “transitioning out”
*A variety of 8 sources in a Works Cited page, including 2 scholarly journals
- 2 books from the library
- 2 scholarly journals
- 1 credible magazine article
- 1 credible newspaper article
- 1 Internet source(NO BLOGS or SOCIAL MEDIA SOURCES)(.org , .edu, and/or .gov website)
- Their Eyes Were Watching God
*Utilize the Guidelines for Analyzing Literature:Analyze; do not Summarize.
*The FOCUS is Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.
Topics:Select one from the list below.
1.The American Dream Myth in Their Eyes Were Watching God
2.Janie Crawford as Sexual Object
3.Comparisons/Contrasts between Zora Neale Hurston and Janie Crawford
A student researcher is a careful, critical, systematic thinker/writer who goes beyond memorizing facts on a subject to analyze the bases on which claims and arguments rest.
- Select one topic from the list above.
- Develop a preliminary or working thesis.
- Create a Works Cited page:alphabetize your list of sources; record all important information accurately and completely.Utilize Easybib.com or any other source for creating Works Cited pages automatically.
- On 4 x 6-size index cards, take notes:write on only one side of a card–the ruled side; create a heading or title for each note along with the author’s last name and the page number; identify each note as either a direct quotation, paraphrase or summary.
- Develop a variety of parenthetical sources:up to 3-4 direct quotations; 1 block quotation; up to 3-4 paraphrased sources; and up to 3-4 summarized sources.
- Draft a sentence outline, where every entry is a sentence.
- Create a captivating introduction of 2 paragraphs and a satisfying conclusion. ( Introduction method is arresting statement)(The introduction about Zora Hurston and the thesis is the last sentence in introduction included 4 controls in what you write about)
- Draft an original research paper of 5-to-7 pages; avoid PLAGIARISM.
- Insert your notes into your text smoothly and logically.Be careful to provide appropriate SIGNAL PHRASES and SIGNAL VERBS and accurate parenthetical citations.
- Interpret the novel and your sources throughout your paper and transition into and out of your interpretations effectively—smoothly and logically.
- REMEMBER THE LITERARY PRESENT.
- ANALYZE THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD; DO NOT SUMMARIZE.