Part 1: Primary Task
Within the Discussion Forum area, write in no less than 150 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Originally, private clubs were formed when a group of people got together based on a mutual need or common interest. They enjoyed each other’s company and enjoyed doing things together. To house their gatherings, they eventually built clubhouses or found club quarters where they could meet, talk, share, dine and participate in various sporting events. In other words, members came first, and facilities second.
More recently, however, we have seen a paradigm shift in our industry, with some clubs now placing more emphasis and more effort on facilities and product, than on the club members themselves.
Choose one of the following methods to assist for your paper submission
· Describe how the clubs image can add member value.
· Explain how intangibles including the club’s culture, history, and traditions can be of importance to its members.
· Define the how a clubs governance policy can protect its members.
· Explain the differences between private (non-equity clubs) and equity clubs.
· Discuss the advantages of each.
· Identify the disadvantages to each.