- Type of writing expected – Cause and Effect and Comparison-Contrast
- Length requirements – 500 words
- Formatting requirements – MLA format
- Documentation format – MLA citations necessary
- Amount or type of research expected – Minimal outside research necessary
- List three references for your essay.
- Post your thesis statement for your essay. DIFFERENT PAGE
Write a cause and effect essay discussing a historical event. Be sure to focus on either the cause or the effect of the event. Also, try to focus your paper on a specific event. For example, instead of writing about the Second World War, you should focus on a moment in that war, such as the attack on Pearl Harbor. Remember to be specific and detailed in your writing. Some things you might want to think about:
- What was the causal chain that led to the event?
- What were the ramifications of the event? How is the world different because of it?
Write a comparison-contrast essay discussing the differences between the two famous historical figures. Focus on specific similarities and differences. Feel free to use specific examples from different spheres of influences, like music, film or literature, but be sure that they are analogous. Some things you might want to think about:
- What are the backgrounds of the individuals?
- Where are they from?
- Discuss their achievements and accolades.
- What is the public perception of these people?