Write a 5-page section of a request for proposal (RPF) in which you evaluate an IQ test, analyze a case study on intelligence testing, and address the application of biological psychology to various professions.
In Assessments 1–4, you completed four parts of a request for proposal (RFP) from a nearby school district that is seeking individuals or groups to design a training and professional development inservice day about the brain and mind from a biopsychological perspective for their educators. In addition to providing professional development inservice for educators, the school administrators have also asked you to prepare an evaluation of intelligence testing and the value of introducing biological psychology to educators, social workers, and other professions. This is Part 5 of the RPF.
Using the Assessment 5 Proposal Template (linked in the Resources), complete the following three sections for this assessment. Use the Capella library to research the material and support your answers.
XII. Intelligence Test Evaluation
- Conduct an Internet search to locate an IQ test. You wish to use the intelligence quiz on the Mensa Web site.
- Complete the IQ test. During the test, have pen and paper ready to jot down notes and observations about the test.
- Prepare an analysis report about the IQ test that you completed. Respond to these points:
- Do you think the test was a fair assessment of intelligence?
- Which questions do you feel most accurately gauged “intelligence?” Which did you find bothersome?
- What did you learn about yourself from the test? What factors might confuse the definition of intelligence? Could intelligence tests be biased? Explain.
XIII. Case Study Debrief
- Locate a case study about intelligence testing and summarize the selected case study.
- Use this case study to analyze the following:
- What is the relationship between environment and intelligence?
- What does this case study tell you about intelligence testing, interpreting test results, et cetera?
- Discuss how test results can be influenced by the ability of the individual taking the test.
XIV. Practical Applications
- What are the practical applications of biological psychology?
- How can biological psychology be applied in these professions?
- Social worker.
- Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced.
- Length: Write a minimum of 5 pages of content, and include a references page.