Write a 4-page section of a request for proposal (RPF) in which you address the topics of visual perception and face identification.
In Assessments 1–3, you completed three parts of a request for proposal (RFP) from a nearby school district that is seeking individuals or groups to design a training and professional development inservice day about the brain and mind from a biopsychological perspective for their educators. For this assessment, use the Assessment 4 Proposal Template (linked in the Resources) to create Part 4 of the RTF by connecting visual perception and face recognition to how understanding these two theories could help educators to be aware of ingrained biases.
Complete the following two sections:
X. Face Recognition
- Describe studies and theories that explain face recognition. Are people better at recognizing faces that are different or similar to their own? What does the research say about this?
- Analyze the neurological mechanisms that are involved, and explain why.
XI. Application of These Theories
- Connect face recognition theory to how this explains an educator’s own biases.
- Provide strategies or ways for educators to check their perceptions and face recognition biases when relating to students and parents, as well as when recalling information about students and a situation.
Use the Capella library to research the material and support your proposal.
- Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced.
- Length: Write a minimum of 4 pages of content, and include a references page.