IRP Research Question
Using the attached IRP Research Question and Data Set Template 2018, add the following information into the document.
- Your research question for your IRP. ANOVA example: “Is there a statistically significant difference between these groups (identify the groups) based on this characteristic (identify the characteristic)? Simple Linear Regression (SLR) example: “Is this factor (identify the factor) a statistically significant predictor of a characteristic (identify the characteristic) based on this data sample?
- The statistical question that you hope to answer by analyzing the data set you picked.
- ANOVA Example:
- H0: μ1 = μ2 = … = μn
- HA: Not all means are equal (i.e. μ1 ≠ μ2 or μ2 ≠ μ3 … μ1 ≠ μn)
- Simple Linear Regression Example:
- H0: β1 = 0
- HA: β1 ≠ 0
- ANOVA Example:
- The name, source, and a link to your data set. Also, include the number of records and attributes in the data set. You do not have to use all of the attributes or records in your analysis. Submit a copy of your data set at this time as an Excel File so I can give you hints on what you may have to do with your data to make it useful in answering your research question.
- Submit your completed IRP Template file with information 1 & 2 above as a PDF file. Then, submit your Excel Data File as a separate submission to this assignment so I can review and provide comments.
In the Independent Research Project (IRP), students conduct an analysis project using SAS primarily and Excel as needed to analyze real-world data. Note: You are required to do a ANOVA Analysis or a Regression Analysis and submit them showing Pr or P values, R-square, B values, Plots, etc. – as needed for the type of analysis you are conducting (ANOVA or Regression). Homogeneity of Variance of residuals can be assumed so you can proceed with your required analysis. Use DAX 4 or DAX 5 video and Instructions to help conduct your analysis.
- In the first assignment (IRP Research Question and Data Set), you identified the data set you wanted to use, developed a research question, and identified a statistical question that could be answered analytically.
- In this assignment, you will create and submit a business memo (template attached) that clearly communicates your analysis of the data set you identified in the previous assignment. When you submit this draft of your IRP, you will get feedback from your classmates and your instructor. You should use this feedback to improve your IRP.
- In later assignments (IRP Memorandum, IRP Presentation, Presentation Questions Reply), you will submit the final version of your IRP, create and submit a PowerPoint presentation that summarizes your IRP, present your analysis via a recorded video presentation, and answer questions about your presentation.