Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300-500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Ethics in Research
Utilizing the internet, CTU Library, and/or your textbook, choose one example of unethical research in a business setting:
- Summarize the research. Explain what the difference is between a good source and a bad source for your research project. Abrams text page 49.
- Explain why research might be considered unethical.
- Explain what ethical considerations there are and how to avoid these issues in your research project.
You may wish to review an example timeline by clicking here.
Select an organizational issue, problem, or topic that you would like to research. Write 1 research question or hypothesis regarding that, in preparation for the assignments in Units 3-5 based on the work you did here in Unit 1.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What recommendations can you offer?
- What, if any, clarification do you need regarding your classmate’s research question/ hypothesis?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.